Police say Florida woman picks nose, sticks fingers in ice cream

first_imgA woman in Indian Shores Florida was arrested by police after being caught on camera picking her nose before sticking her fingers in an ice cream container. It was also reported that she did not wash her hands after using the restroom. The incident took place at Lu Lu’s Ice Cream and Candy Shop according to the arrest report.Jung Soon Wypcha (66) of St. Petersburg was charged with criminal mischief and with violating Florida’s anti-tampering act.Police said Wypcha did this on five different occasions which also included her spitting on the container in once of the incidents.In one incident, police said Wypcha spit on the ice cream containers. It is also reported that on June 22 she urinated in an ice cream bucket and emptied it in a sink used by store employees to wash utensils.Police arrested Wypcha on Monday on a $5000 bond.last_img read more

Read More →

Former NC head admits to a contract with Elite Clubs

first_img… calls for negotiations and compromisesBy Ras WadadaFORMER chairman of the FIFA-appointed Normalisation Committee (NC), Clinton Urling, has dismissed assertions by president of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) that there was never any contract between the original eight Elite Clubs and the Federation.Urling, who is currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Sports Management at Colombia University in New York, was head of the NC that initiated the Elite league last year.In recapping for Chronicle Sport, via the telephone, Urling insisted that a contract was signed by both parties.“Chairman of the committee for the Introduction of the Elite League, Tariq Williams and then Technical Director of the GFF, Claude Bolton, met almost weekly with the eight identified Elite Clubs in the initial engagements.“Ironically, Mr Forde who is now president of the GFF was a part of all those discussions and they mutually agreed in the end to all the terms and conditions of the Rules of the Elite League.“This is semantics in the sense that if me and you enter into a written agreement which all 8 clubs signed off on, and the agreement listed all the rules and regulations, the prize moneys, no relegation and promotion until after two years, no expansion and all the other things, which all the parties had to agree upon after several rounds of discussions, it is a contract because they all agreed and signed off.All the clubs agreed, including Fruta Conquerors which was then headed by Wayne Forde. I am not a lawyer, but if you as the regulatory party and the eight clubs accept the rules and signed off, that’s a contract. If the GFF wants to breach the contract and they are arguing that it’s not a contract, that agreement exists. The agreement is not a figment of someone’s imagination.“The GFF has the authority to regulate all football but they do not have the authority to infringe or alter agreements at their own whims and fancies. These things have to be done in a professional environment where rules, agreements and contracts are respected,” Urling pointed out.“The GFF needs to be on the offensive and stop being on the defensive on this issue, and all it requires is simple dialogue, negotiating and compromising, the same way the NC did it last year working with all the clubs to complete our mandate.“We succeeded because of our engagements with the clubs and that was supreme and salient for us – dialogue, negotiating and compromising – going back and forth, even at the last minute, to change some of the rules and agreements that we mutually agreed upon.And this present GFF administration needs to go back to the past and see that positions where you are butting heads have not resulted in anything good. It has stagnated the game to the extent FIFA had to intervene and install a NC. The GFF must have the culture, spirit and willingness to dialogue and negotiate, not to impose their will,” Urling suggested.Urling thinks the idea of expanding the League is a good move and says he would endorse it once he can evaluate it as being economically viable. He further added it might very well be what the League needs at this stage.“The expansion could very well be the most exciting thing for the League and maybe it is the injection to create excitement, but again it comes back to doing it in a professional manner. It must be done constitutionally which would require a Congress. There are lots of issues to consider and clear out of the way and every MA must be involved in the process.”last_img read more

Read More →

How Syracuse fields a roster with 5 of 8 players from overseas

first_img Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on February 17, 2016 at 9:51 pm Contact Charlie: csdistur@syr.edu | @charliedisturco As Younes Limam walks up and down the courts, watching his team closely, he looks around and sees players from all over the world. Czech Republic, Egypt, Greece, Israel, Ukraine and the United States.The team, comprised of nearly all freshman — only three players returned from last year’s roster — has won all six of its meets this season. Barring any injuries or sickness, all but one of SU’s singles matches are played by these overseas players. Four of SU’s six doubles players are foreign.“We’re recruiting from all over,” the second-year head coach said. “Basically whoever shows interest and whoever is good enough to come in and compete at a very high level, we’re after them.”And Syracuse has been able to compete at a high level with foreign players. This year, the Orange has already defeated two ranked teams in No. 72 Tulane and No. 58 Columbia. Because of SU’s 6-0 start, the Orange’s best since 2009, the team recently found itself jumping from unranked to No. 62 in the nation.Despite being a diverse group, Syracuse has mixed together smoothly and gets another shot to beat a ranked opponent in No. 48 Boston College, the Orange’s first Atlantic Coast Conference opponent, on Saturday at 11 a.m. at Drumlins Country Club.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textLimam, a former assistant coach at Rice, was announced as SU’s head coach in June 2014. While he did handle some recruiting aspects at Rice, he now has the final say in recruitment matters at Syracuse. He has branched out globally, taking risks on professional players and seeing if they translate well.“(With) tennis being a global sport, having other very good players playing overseas, if we can attract those players, then why not?” Limam said.The Orange’s five international players have combined for a 22-5 record in singles play so far this year. Anna Shkudun is the No.1 doubles and singles player for the Orange and is currently a graduate student. While she is technically not a freshman, this is her first year of tennis in America.“I played professional for 10 years, and after, I decided to come to ‘Cuse,” said Shkudun, who played as an amateur in professional tournaments. “The coach texted me, and I saw a very good opportunity in my life to get a degree in America and practice with a good team and good coaches.”Shkudun is not the only one that was actively recruited from playing professionally. Limam and the previous Syracuse coaching staff all had a part in bringing over each and every overseas player — all of which were among the top at their age and country.Gabriela Knutson was recruited by former Syracuse head coach Luke Jensen. Libby Mesh, Hegab and Maria Tritou were all recruited from Israel, Egypt and Greece, respectively.“It just varies. Every situation is different,” Limam said. “We reach out to some players overseas, they reach out to us as well. We take it from there.” Commentslast_img read more

Read More →

Dunne happy with showing at Joburg Open

first_imgThe Wicklow man is 5 behind leader Ross McGowan after an 8 under 63 left him 9 under.Meanwhile, at the Eurasia Cup in Malaysia the Darren Clarke-captained Europe lead Asia four and a half to one and half The pairing of Shane Lowry and Andy Sullivan were among those that won their matches.last_img

Read More →

Kearns confident in player All Star hopes

first_imgIt’s possible that some members of the county panel could be shortlisted for All Stars following the Premier’s run to the All-Ireland semi-finals.Tipp’s campaign came to an end last weekend when they were beaten by Mayo at Croke Park.However, Liam doesn’t think any awards will make up for missing out on a place in the final.last_img

Read More →

Ghana in touch with China for development of football – Ambassador to China reveals

first_imgGhana’s Ambassador to China, Edward Boateng has stated that he is in contact with the Ghana Football Association (GFA) to help secure developmental projects for the improvement of the game in the country.China as an economic powerhouse has been involved in a number of development of football infrastructure across the globe with a significant number of European clubs benefiting from it.In Ghana, a number of investments have been made by the Chinese as well including the building of the Cape Coast Stadium.In an interview with ETV Sports, the Ghanaian Ambassador revealed that there were plans for Ghana to host a friendly game with China.“We have started work on it. The last time I was in Ghana I met the new President Kurt Okraku whom I know very well and his team, and we’ve discussed some of these issues.“One of the events we had planned earlier for the 60th anniversary was a proposed soccer match between one of the Chinese Premier teams or the national team and a team or our national team in Ghana,” he added.“We were going to have one match in Ghana and one match in China. Unfortunately it had to be cancelled because of COVID-19. So these were some of the things we were looking at.His Excellency Edward Boateng also revealed his office is aware of the number of players who ply their trade in China and he is in touch with them as well.“We do have a few Ghanaian players in the Chinese league, unfortunately we don’t have our A’ stars here but if you know Asamoah Gyan came to play in China. I’ve met a few of the players”.last_img read more

Read More →

Okwahu United ordered to withdraw from the MTN FA Cup

first_imgPresident of Okwahu United Brian Acheampong has ordered the club to withdraw from the ongoing MTN FA Cup.This order comes on the back of violent attacks by Okwahu fans in their Division One League tie against King Solomon at Kwahu Praso where Okwahu lost 1-0.The President has asked the club to withdraw from the competition as they prepare to face disciplinary action.Okwahu were scheduled to host Sekondi Hasaacas at Nkawkaw in a round of 16 tie on Sunday.In a related development, club CEO Francis Anom is set to resign from the club following the unsavory incidents. Sources indicate his letter will be tendered by close of day.Watch Photos of King Solomon owner and players receiving treatment after being attacked by Okwahu fans. –Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img read more

Read More →

Lakers’ Brandon Ingram misses second half against Jazz with sore right knee

first_imgSALT LAKE CITY >> The concerns initially centered on how well Lakers rookie forward Brandon Ingram would handle a more demanding NBA schedule. It focused on if he could handle hostile road environments. It highlighted if he could stay disciplined with his diet.Instead, a more serious issue loomed in Ingram’s first NBA road game. The Lakers’ No. 2 pick missed the entire second half of the Lakers’ game against the Utah Jazz on Friday at Vivint Smart Home Arena because of a sore right knee.Ingram first asked out of the game with 3:49 of the first quarter after spending less than a minute on the court. Doctors cleared Ingram to return to the game after determining he had felt a twinge in his right knee. He re-entered the game wearing a protective sleeve on his knee with 9:15 left in the second quarter. Ingram lasted only until the 5:56 mark.Doctors reevaluated Ingram at halftime and then decided to shut him down. He finished with two points on 1-of-2 shooting and four minutes. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more

Read More →

Jacob deGrom’s camp ‘frustrated’ by lack of extension talks with Mets, report says

first_img Related News Brodie Van Wagenen, who used to be deGrom’s agent when working at CAA but is now the general manager for the Mets, told New York last season to sign his client to a deal or trade him. The club did neither and deGrom still waits for his extension.deGrom will be an unrestricted free agent after the 2020 season, but he will be 33 when he hits the open market, if he gets there. New York has expressed a desire to sign deGrom to an extension and will push for one this season.“Jacob is an important part of the franchise, one of the best players in baseball and he is a priority of this franchise going forward,” Van Wagenen told the Post. “It is our hope that he is part of the championship efforts in the future. I would hope Jacob deGrom is a lifelong Met.”deGrom went 10-9 with a 1.70 ERA over 217 innings with 269 strikeouts in 2018. MLB hot stove: Bryce Harper drawing 8 teams’ interest, some think short-term deal Jacob deGrom’s representatives are “at minimum, disappointed” the Mets have not had any “substantive” talks with the National League Cy Young winner about a contract extension this offseason, according to a report from the New York Post.deGrom signed a one-year, $17-million deal this offseason, which represented a record raise for a player going from year one to year two of arbitration, but he has been looking for a long-term contract with New York and an offer is yet to come.last_img read more

Read More →

Mirza Mustafić to play in Borussia Moenchengladbacha

first_imgYoung BiH football player Mirza Mustafić signed yesterday a contract with the football club Borussia Moenchengladbacha from Germany, reports sportsport.baBefore coming to Borussia, this 16 year old midfielder played from Metz from France with whom he won the title of a champion of France in the U-17 category.Mustafić was born in Kalesija and according to football experts bright football future awaits him, and soon he could start playing for BiH U-17 team.(photo: ozarkalabama)last_img

Read More →